Friday, April 3, 2015

My Favorite Breakfast Smoothie

I have been really enjoying my morning smoothie (that is, what I actually get of it after my daughter drinks most of it).  I thought I would share the recipe with you, although these measurements are just an estimate.  Also, I love how well the Vitamix blends this into such a smooth treat.  

Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie

1 tbsp organic chia seeds
1/4 scoop Garden of Life Raw Organic Green Super Food powder
1/4 scoop Garden of Life Organic Raw Meal (vanilla flavor)
3 tbsp organic peanut butter (make sure there are no hydrogenated oils)
2 tbsp Organic Cacao Nibs 
1 large frozen organic banana
Enough original unsweetened organic coconut milk to cover the ingredients

Put all ingredients into a blender and blend on high until smooth.  Add more coconut milk if needed to reach desired consistency.  Enjoy immediately.  


You could change up these ingredients.  Try almond or sunflower butter instead of peanut butter.  Or use another non-dairy milk, like almond, hemp, or rice. You could even use flax seeds instead of chia.  I just love chocolate peanut butter cups, so I prefer this particular recipe.  It tastes like dessert for breakfast, but it is so healthy.  Of course, you don’t NEED to use organic ingredients, but I prefer it for our family.  Here is a picture of the powders and cacao nibs that I use, just for reference.  



I hope you enjoy, and thanks for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment